Welcome from Dr Amy, Basic Guidelines, Where to Start

YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER & LOGGED INTO VIEW ALL OF THE FORUMS (SEE LOG IN ON TOP RIGHT OF PAGE).

CONTACT INFO FOR COMPUTER/SIGN ON ISSUES: griffkoom@verizon.net or Erin.griffin@holistichealth.com

To post a new topic/question click on the left hand side top or bottom of the appropriate unlocked forum(locked forums are noted with 'lock icon', on left and side and are for information only) in an oval you will see the words "New topic" click on it and it will bring up the box to type your message in, and click submit. Make sure to use the search feature first before making a post as chances are your question has been asked and answered already! To reply to a previous post click on the oval that says " Post reply", type your message and hit submit at the bottom.
To add genetic results to your signature, click on 'user control panel' top left of your main forum page screen, go to the profile tab and then hit "edit signature" option, the text box should appear to type in your info. Enter your signature and genetic information. When you are finished, click on submit at the bottom of the form.

Moderator: griffkoom

Welcome from Dr Amy, Basic Guidelines, Where to Start

Postby griffkoom » Tue May 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Dear Discussion Group Members,

It has been a while since I have updated the Welcome Letter, but please understand I truly care about each and every one of you as well as providing suggestions to help you progress to better health with the aid of your own doctor. While I may not update this letter regularly, I am working on your behalf literally seven days a week to provide more tools to make implementation of the program easier as well as to give personal feedback on tests and questions from those on the program.

In addition to this chat group please take advantage of the other resources that are available and that we continue to add to the program over time. The Feel Good Nutrigenomics book, as well as the Feel Good Biochemistry, Feel Good Supplements and the Workbook are all very valuable resources. There is free access to the web versions of all of these books, and once I finish the update to the SNP book then we will have all of the books available in a print format. We are also working on a written supplement Resource book and we expect this to be ready by Thanksgiving.
I also regularly have posts on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DrAmyYasko/ as well as our new Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/holistic_heal/

One of my daughters has recently taken over my ‘social media’ and she has been very proactive in offering sales, challenges to receive special products (ie two individuals just received free autism lap blankets) and will be posting interviews with all of our staff as well as my husband and myself. Be assured that I am in very close contact with her to approve the content of anything that is posted and I still personally check these media outlets. I do want to emphasize that the place to post questions is THIS chat group site. I do not answer personal health questions on either FB or IG. Those are public forums and I do not feel comfortable addressing personal health concerns on those forums. THIS chat group really is the place to ask your questions and to post your need for support both scientifically as well as for emotional support. I also work closely with Erin ( see the FB picture of our last meeting!! ) to answer questions that are not already addressed on this chat group site.

Whether this is your first visit to this site, or you are a veteran member of the group, I want to personally welcome you to this chat group. I also want you to know that this program is unlike any other natural health program you will encounter. In addition, this is likely going to be a very different experience than you have ever had on any other discussion group. I expect that you will be surprised by the personal support and interactions, from me as well as from other members of this site. You will probably be overwhelmed with the volume of information this site contains and a bit daunted by it at first. And, I think you will be touched by the level of caring, love and hope that you will learn to expect from all of us.
We are about sharing information as well as emotional support. I have a zero tolerance policy on negativity. The idea is to keep it positive, share from the heart and the mind, and pay it forward. Unlike many of the other doctors working in these fields I do not have personal health issues that motivate me to work in this area. I am blessed to have three beautiful, healthy daughters, and for both my husband and myself to be in excellent health. I do this because I have the background in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, bacteriology, biotech, natural health and I have the desire to share and give back because I have been so fortunate in my life.

I do not charge for my time, I do not offer private consults. Instead I share all of the tools needed to implement this program online at no cost, so that you can work with your own doctor to use this protocol. The DVDs, books, articles, PPTs are resources that are available online at no cost or through the lending library on this chat group. You can ask questions about the program on this discussion group and search answers I have written on a large range of topics. I do answer email posts personally every week. These posts are chosen by our moderator. Other posts are answered by parents who have taken the time to really learn and understand the program. They are paying it forward by giving of their time, as I do, to help you.

I work for all of you, 24/7 to help you to have the tools you need for optimal health, and all I ask is that you put in the time to utilize those tools I have provided. What I ask of all of our members is to put in the time to really understand the program. This will not happen overnight, it is a slow process as you immerse yourself in all of the science. Know that you will be supported, helped and guided by other veteran members of this site to make the learning process smoother and easier. This is a program that requires that you take charge of your own, or your child's health. We will share the tools and the support you need to get there, but you are going to have to put in the time and the work to get your arms around this program. You will need to read the books, watch the DVDs, and search and read older posts. No one is going to be able to do that for you. Basically, you need to do your homework, but we will be right there to support you along the way. When we say "read it, learn it, live it" we really mean it on this site, and assume that you will abide by that principle.

I expect only what I am willing to give, so I try to lead by example. I am willing to work daily to make personal comments on biochemical tests, to answer emails, to read and research to continue to add to the knowledge base until we have the answers we need for the recovery of every child and adult. I do not only answer technical questions, but I respond to almost every positive email that is posted, because I feel that emotional support is just as important as scientific knowledge on the journey to recovery. I keep it positive and pay it forward every day and I expect no less from each of you.

One area of particular concern to me that I do want to address in this Welcome letter is on the topic of supplements. When I talk about supplements please understand, I am not making claims, nor stating that any supplement or herb will cure a given health condition. My concern about supplement source is related to the fact that I find it a true privilege to be a part of so many lives and to be given the opportunity to help others. I get emails and test results from individuals daily who are following the Yasko Protocol, where their lives are being changed in a really amazing way. Those who follow the program as designed and use the correct products really do see wonderful results. When I see such progress, it is due in part to supplements being added as indicated by the suggestions I include based on test results, and when tests were done on a regular basis. This is what I want to see for each and every one of you, this is why I do what I do each day. I hope that you understand my focus on supplement source and quality comes from a place of caring. I always want to see positive progress on your follow up tests, I want to hear stories of success from each and every one of you, and I want all of you to be able to achieve the health you are looking for.

Supplement source is a major issue for many who do not even realize it can be a problem. I am extremely careful about the sources I choose, how they are stored, and how they are shipped. I also follow up to be sure they do what I expect on biochemical tests. These factors are important to consider for optimal efficacy of your supplements, health, and over all positive change you may be seeking. Please know that your health is my first priority and it is necessary to understand that this is an issue as we are using these supplements to help balance major biochemical markers in the body.

Supplements for the most part are like extracts from fresh produce, so if we think about them in terms of food, we would not want our lettuce to be stored in a hot warehouse without moisture or temperature control especially in extreme hot or cold weather. Most of you are really careful about the foods you eat, where you buy them, if they are organic or not, and how they are stored. You would not purchase foods from an unknown source that buys produce and dairy in bulk, stores it in a hot warehouse for who knows how long, and then gets packed by people at random each time to be shipped the cheapest way. Supplements can go bad, they can oxidize and can change into forms that can be a health problem, not just degrade. For instance, Gaba can turn into glutamate. Antioxidants can become oxidized so they have the opposite effect you intended.

It breaks my heart when someone has worked hard on the Yasko protocol and tried to use the supplements I suggest, but instead purchased them from a source that does not handle, ship, or store them properly. As a result, the supplements do not have the desired health outcomes. These outside sources make their money by purchasing in bulk, storing in large non-temperature or non-humidity-controlled warehouses, and shipping however is the least costly to them. When supplements are stored in large hot warehouses without moisture or temperature control, those fragile ingredients can be affected. Instead of storing large batches of supplements that are bought in bulk, HHI gets fresh shipments in almost daily and uses a controlled environment for storage. Your orders are packed and shipped with care from HHI by the same people who have been performing this job for years and have been instructed to use the same level of compassion and attention they would use for their own families. I have always said you do not need to purchase from HHI, and if you are improving with the use of supplements from other sources I still stand by that comment. But if you are not improving, have gotten worse, or if you are just starting the program I designed, I am suggesting that you seriously think about getting the supplements from the source I know and trust. I did not begin by having custom supplements produced or specific brands ordered that were stored under careful conditions. I ended up needing to do this over time as it was necessary to ensure that the supplements I suggested could be counted on to achieve the results I was expecting from them. So, while it may seem as though these products from outside sources are of the same quality as HHI, that is most likely not the case. HHI has future plans to offer some supplements through Amazon. However, they will still be stored, handled, and shipped directly from HHI. The goal here is to offer some of the supplements through the convenience of Amazon, but without compromising their quality so that we do not risk efficacy.

I also have concerns about many of the multi-component supplements that are now available. In cases where I have felt that individual components could be combined to narrow down on the number of individual supplements, I have done so. If I have not designed a custom multi-component supplement for a particular imbalance there is probably a reason. All In One has all of the components you need in one place to start the groundwork for methylation and basic nutritional support. It took me years of testing individual combinations on myself and my own family before I was willing to put all of those ingredients together in one capsule. I deliberately add the ingredients for Basic and Full Methylation as separate entities. If I felt that a ‘one size fits all’ approach to methylation would work, then I would have done so years ago. I rarely see the ingredients of a multi-component supplement where I do not find something I don’t like. There are hidden issues in many of these combination supplements, whether it is the inclusion of methyl B12 for everyone, or methyl folate or folinic in doses that are too high, or an ingredient as an aspartate or amino acid chelate. Unlike the manufacturers of most of these combination supplements, I have personally looked at over 100,000 biochemical tests and close to 50,000 genetic tests to see the impact of nutrients on natural pathways.

As always, please know that your health is my first priority. Choices I make in terms of supplements are based on their impact on test results and this is a unique approach that is not taken by others who are solely looking to sell supplements. I see supplements as a much needed tool for health, not as a commodity. I see the whole person, not just a test file. I see your health history and future health goals, and I truly feel passionate about aiding in getting you there for both yourself and your loved ones.

In terms of supplements I want to clarify that you do NOT have to add every single supplement in a given category or every single supplement I may suggest on a test for you. These lists of supplements are options. IF you have a significant issue in a particular area then you may want to add all of the listed supplements. On the other hand, if an issue is less of a problem, you may only want to add one supplement in that category. I am giving you and your doctor my expertise and knowledge of what potential supplements may be a help for a given imbalance and then I leave the choice to you and your doctor to determine how many of those supplements you ultimately need and want to add.

Years ago, I started in the natural health area by working with adult neurological inflammation and then found my way to autism. At this point with almost 80,000 people on the Facebook page and thousands on this chat group as well as the beginning of a following on Instagram, I feel the program has come full circle. It is both about helping those with autism, ADD, ADHD, Asperger's, as well as helping those with a range of other health conditions including many adults with a whole host of health concerns, as well as just for general health and well being. What I have been trying to bring across lately on my Facebook page posts is that EVERYONE needs to be thinking about methylation. Articles demonstrate that proper methylation reduces all-cause mortality, this is the best proof that all of us need to be working on our methylation cycles. I have always felt that anyone who has a child, a mother, a brother, a father, a sister, a grandfather or grandmother on this program or with autism, Parkinson's, ALS, Alzheimer's, MS, CFS, ADD, ADHD etc needs to realize that those genetic susceptibilities are inherited and that YOU too need to be thinking about YOUR methylation cycle. EVEN if you do not have any family members with neurological health conditions, ALL of us need to be thinking about methylation based on these recent findings. To reiterate, what this means: no matter WHAT you will eventually pass away from, your lifespan may be INCREASED with proper methylation.
https://www.nutraceuticalsworld.com/iss ... n-of-youth
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 092913.htm
http://www.genomebiology.com/2015/16/1/25

I realize that not everyone has the finances to run the nutrigenomic test that I designed to help assess methylation for all of their family members. Many reserve running that test for those who need it the most in the family. However, you can run a less sensitive but less expensive test that uses saliva and then use the FREE http://www.knowyourgenetics.com site to get the SAME analysis you would get from running the test I designed, at NO COST. I do want to emphasize that you only need to run a DNA test ONCE in your lifetime. A test that is designed for following your ancestry from a saliva sample may not be as comprehensive or run in via the same laboratory techniques as the test I designed for methylation. In addition, the results from testing via HHI are kept confidential, this is not part of a data mining project to collect DNA data by enticing people through low pricing for DNA results. Regardless, DNA SNP data is useful to have regardless of the DNA test that you ran, but if you feel that you are in perfect health and do not need to run at test, then at the very least please give yourself the gift of methylation and take a few bare minimum supports for your own methylation cycle. In the next week or so we will be coming out with a visual map for the Yasko Protocol to help you to navigate where you are in the program. One of my other daughters has been working on this visual aid and it will eventually be another online tool that is interactive and will tie together with a streamlined and modified Supplement list.

Because I feel so strongly about supplement choices and the source of these supplements we have been putting an incredible amount of time into updating this resource for you. In the next few months the interactive Supplement List will be available. This will be a list that you input alphabetically but will then sort your information into categories for you. The list will have the option of being saved, so that the next time you run a test and need to update your supplement list you only need to modify your stored document. There will be a button that allows you to directly email your list to feelgood@holistichealth.com so that I have this information when looking at your biochemical test results. I want to STRONGLY encourage all of you to also look at the supplement lists by category that this program will create for you, and not just to view the alphabetical listing. The lists by category are a tool for you. To repeat what I wrote above, you do not need to add every supplement in a given category. BUT if you are having issues and need to add more supplement in that category then use the specific list as a guide. Instead of searching online for items to address that condition, I have already done that for you over the years to list supplements that may be of help if you have not already added them.

Finally, because I feel so strongly about supplement source and quality as well as shipping and handling we have been looking for ways to make it beneficial for all of you to use the supplements I know and trust instead of randomly purchasing solely based on price or to merely add a supplement to your cart when you are online shopping for books, clothing or house supplies. At some point in the next year (sorry to be vague but this is a huge undertaking!) we will be working on a rewards program. This program will reward those who are as invested in the program and in their own health as I am in yours. This program will be tied to other very special opportunities, again designed to help optimize your health. I will post more about this program when it is closer to completion. Please know the incentive behind this new program is to lead by example and to illustrate to all of you how invested I am in your health, the health of each and every one of you.
Please know it is important to me that you understand that I truly do care about each and every one of you, you are in my heart and my mind daily. Never mistake the fact that I only write these long posts once in a while for a lack of caring and concern. It is actually quite the opposite. I spend so much time writing on your tests, writing books to help you implement the program, working on revamping the tools to make this program easier use with your own doctor, that I do not always have the time to write to all of you. Please know that I wish each and every one of you and your families my love and hope for health always!

With love and hope,
Dr. Amy

Please Register at this link for my discussion group: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/welcome.html and after 48hrs attempt to log in, (do not wait for activation email as it does not always get thru), If after 48hrs you have trouble logging on or need a password reset please contact the head moderator :
Erin Griffin at erin.griffin@holistichealth.com or Griffkoom@verizon.net

Once logged in , there are several different forums to choose from, while this may be confusing at first I would suggest sticking to the Welcome forum, The Basics forum and the Recent Posts forum until you become familiar. This group will be your main source for support, guidance, and up to date information on your road to wellness. We have a search feature, so that you can search by the term for posts that I have written on a variety of topics. This is a good starting point when you have a question, to search to see if it has already been answered at length in the past. In that way you can read what has been written, and then follow up with a new question on that topic that may be custom tailored to your individual needs. For more tips on searching please go to: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... php?t=6956 You can also narrow your searches by choosing the advanced search feature and entering in an author. For my posts use author griffkoom.

What I ask of all of our members is to put in the time to really understand the program. This will not happen overnight, it is a slow process as you immerse yourself in all of the science.
Know that you will be supported, helped and guided by other veteran members of this site to make the learning process smoother and easier. This is a program that requires that you take charge of your own, or your child's health.
We will share the tools and the support you need to get there, but you are going to have to put in the time and the work to get your arms around this program. You will need to read the books, watch the DVDs, come to conferences and search and read older posts. No one is going to be able to do that for you. Basically you need to do your homework, but we will be right there to support you along the way. When we say read it, learn it, live it we really mean it on this site, and assume that you will abide by that principle.

1: READ Dr Yasko's Book: Feel-Good-Nutrigenomics-Your-Roadmap-to-Health : http://www.FeelGoodNutrigenomics.com
READ and DOWNLOAD the Feel-Good-Nutrigenomics-Your-Roadmap-to-Health Companion Guide https://www.scribd.com/doc/281150518/Companion-Guide-Feel-Good-Nutrigenomics OR
Click on the product, put the Guide into your shopping cart (for free) and checkout. This can added to an order or just placed an order for this by itself. You then get emailed a link to the pdf of the guide.
http://www.holisticheal.com/feel-good-n ... nload.html

2: ORDER YOUR DNA METHYLATION PATHWAY with METHYLATION PATHWAY ANALYSIS

In Chapter 5 of the Feel Good Nutrigenomics Book , and Companion Guide pages 55-58 discuss the nutrigenomics testing. This test can be ordered at http://www.holisticheal.com/dna-methylation-pathway-test-kit.html Once you receive your kit, please submit your sample, which can take up to 12 weeks for results to arrive. Please refer to the instructions that came in your kit on how to take the sample.
If you already have genetic results and would like a Methylation Pathway Analysis OR and updated Methylation Pathway Analysis please go to http://www.knowyourgenetics.com which is a free site created by Dr. Amy Yasko.

3: JOIN THIS DISCUSSION GROUP

Please Register at this link: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/welcome.htmland after 48hrs attempt to log in, (do not wait for activation email as it does not always get thru), If after 48hrs you have trouble logging on or need a password reset please contact Erin.griffin@holistichealth.com
Also for the people who seem to get bumped off and logged out of the forum, you may need to check the box under your password that says "remember my username" when signing on and this will enable you to go back and forth in the forum and allow you to change screens etc. without being logged out.
Once logged in , there are several different forums to choose from, while this may be confusing at first sticking to the Welcome forum, The Basics forum and the Recent Posts forum is best until you become familiar. This group will be your main source for support, guidance, and up to date information. We have a search feature, so that you can search by the term for posts that Dr Amy has written on a variety of topics. This is a good starting point when you have a question, to search to see if it has already been answered at length in the past. In that way you can read what has been written, and then follow up with a new question on that topic that may be custom tailored to your individual needs.
For more tips on searching please go to: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... php?t=6956 You can search on the group by using the word AND in between specific words rather than phrases or terms. Please refer to the Companion Guide pgs 12-14. You can also narrow your searches, under Advanced search, by choosing an author (griffkoom) for Dr. Amy's posts and also by choosing a specific forum. Please sign in as a member, doing this will enable you to customize your field to "flag" any new posts, and create a customized signature which should include your genetic results.
To post a new topic/question click on the left hand side top or bottom of the appropriate forum in an oval you will see the words "New topic" click on it and it will bring up the box to type your message in, and click submit. Make sure to use the search feature first before making a post as chances are your question has been asked and answered already!
To reply to a previous post click on the oval that says " Post reply", type your message and hit submit at the bottom.
To add genetic results to your signature, click on 'user control panel' top left of your main forum page screen, go to the profile tab and then hit "edit signature" option, the text box should appear to type in your info. Enter your signature and genetic information. When you are finished, click on submit at the bottom of the form.

4: START STEP ONE/SHORT CUT SUPPORTS : GF/CF DIET, LIMIT EXCITOTOXINS, BALANCE GABA/GLUTAMATE, BALANCE MINERALS ESP LITHIUM, ORGAN SUPPORT

While waiting for your nutrIgenomic results it is suggested to start Step One/Short Cut Supports to limit excitotoxins, balance GABA and glutamate, balance minerals and organ support.
Please refer to Companion Guide pages 15-26 , Here you will find the necessary suggested tools that are needed for success with the protocol.

While you may already be on the GF/CF diet (which Dr. Amy recommends), there is an additional step to the diet that needs to be made in order for the inflammatory process to abate and the recovery process to begin.This additional dietary step/intervention is to remove/reduce excitotoxins from the diet and from supplements as well. Excitotoxins are: Glutamate, Glutamic Acid, MSG, Glutamine (which converts to Glutamate), Aspartate, Aspartame, NutraSweet, and Cysteine.Foods that are especially high in Glutamate are: Soy, Peas, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese, Yeast, Milk, and Wheat.
A diet high in fermented foods and/or high protein may also contribute to this issue. It is important to be conscious of the total load of Glutamate and to think of your ability to tolerate more Glutamate, as if your cup is already full to the brim and about ready to overflow.

Dr Amy feels the first step for adults as well as individuals with autism interested in the program is to get balance glutamate and gaba in part by pulling down glutamate levels that are too high. Tools you can consider for help with this include: Be Calm Spray, Ku shen tea, Gaba Balance, Nerve Calm Formula, Resveratrol Spray, pycnogenol, grape seed extract.
It is not necessary to use all of these, which ones you choose will depend on your doctors opinion, how much of an issue glutamate is and which supplements you respond well to. For a full list of Glutamate and Gaba supports please see the updated Supplement list: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... hp?t=14153 And the online Books Supplement Book: https://feelgoodsupps.com https://feelgoodnucleotides.com
Also glutamate works with calcium to cause excitotoxicity so keeping calcium in balance with zinc, low dose lithium and magnesium can be a help. Everyone should utilize her new compounds, vitamins, minerals and Calming RNA’s in the above list to help support the body when starting AND through out the protocol. Many often need to be be increased when experiencing detox or as suggested based on biochemical test comments.

*Please note what is not included in this program: Glutamate/Glutamine, High doses of calcium, TMG/Betaine, Folate or B6. Those who follow the DAN protocol, a diet high in fermented foods, a diet high in protein, or those who have been using high doses of 5MTHF, chelating agents and/or higher doses of Methyl B12 will find that they especially need to balance lithium, get Gaba/glutamate supports and extra organ supports on board. As always work with and defer to your doctor.

In an effort to make her program easier and more cost effective to implement the program, Dr. Amy has created the highest quality of supplements for her program. Individual supplements, proprietary RNA formulations as well as recently created compounded formulas, special technology oral sprays and drops, and MSF( Mutation Specific Formulas). To order the supplements and brands that Dr Yasko prefers please go to : http://www.holisticheal.com/

She has recently created the All In One. A custom general vitamin, taking into account the imbalances she has seen on thousands of tests for over a decade and truly believes it will help to lay the nutritional groundwork for essentially everyone on the program, including those who are sensitive to sulfur and/or methyl donors and those who are MTHFR +, CBS+ etc. The All in One general vitamin is gluten, casein, soy, copper and iron free. It contains VERY LOW dose lithium, the preferred forms of several important key minerals and VERY LOW dose supports for the methylation cycle. For most individuals this is not enough to trigger detox, but enough to be sure that there is some VERY LOW level support for both the short cut (nucleotides, SAMe, DHA, Soy Free PS) and the long route (5 methyl THF and a tiny bit of folinic, Very low dose hydroxy, intrinsic factor, and low amount of methionine).
This helps to ensure that the cycle can function to some degree at a very low level, to nutrients. The All in One comes in specially designed oxylock capsules to protect the oxygen sensitive ingredients. Suggested use is to start with a single capsule and gradually work up to the suggested 3-4 capsules per day, as tolerated. Although opening the capsule may expose the ingredients to oxygen, it should be fine for those who are younger, sensitive or new to the program who need to start with just a sprinkle.
For more information on the All In One ingredients and their rationale, please refer to the Discussion Group: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... 39&t=28002

Organ supports to consider would include the MTHFR A1298C compound( Liver), VDR Fok compound( Pancreas), Ultimate B Compound, Special Digestive Enzymes-SDE, Ora Adrenal, T Cell & B Cell, and Ora Kidney. We all need organ support including ie; Adrenal, Kidney, Pancreatic, and Liver. Those with certain genetics, certain biochemical test results and or a history of chelation will need extra. Please refer to Addendum A for more specific supports based on previous test results you may have or the frequently updated supplement form.

Next, you can work with your doctor on getting some basic methylation support in place. Start with the Short Cut first, looking at the use of PS/PE/PC Complex along with SAMe(if it is tolerated), VitaOrgan and DHA/Neuromins. While working on the Short Cut check that lithium levels are in balance by running a UEE and HMT. If not in balance, work with your doctor on low dose lithium support. Low dose lithium supports to consider would be the All In One and the BeCalm spray. The doses are well tolerated even for those just starting the program/Step One. This low level of lithium may not be sufficient to support those who have very low lithium levels on a HMT. Besides the All In One and the Be Calm spray, Lithium Orotate capsules and Lithium Chloride liquid drops are available. If needed in unique cases, prescription lithium can be obtained from your doctor. Where lithium plays a role in B12 transport if you start to add too much B12 before lithium is in balance you run the risk of further depleting lithium levels.

For any of these supports mentioned the low and slow method is suggested this includes adding a suppl or rna or a compound and making any changes to your program. Dr Amy considers a sprinkle a bonafide dose. Just by stopping a supplement or changing your diet you may see detox, use ongoing Biochemical testing to recognize it and these tools discussed to control it.

All of this is part of STEP ONE of the program. As Always work and defer to your own Doctor. Remember it’s a marathon not a sprint!

5: START STEP TWO/LONG ROUTE SUPPORTS : Folinic + (formerly called MethylMate A-MMA), 5MTHF drops ( formerly called MethylMate B-MMB), HIGHER DOSE HYDROXY B12

Once you have addressed Step One, ie lithium is in balance, gaba/glutamate is in balance, short cut supports, basic mineral supports, and organ supports are in place and tolerated look at Step 2: Long Route support with supplements such as Folinic + and 5MTHF drops (Dr Yasko's preferred source and dose of 5MTHF) and higher dose Hydroxy B12 (ie Mega Drops, GET-B12 Spray and Black Bear Spray). Move slowly and work with your doctor as long route support may trigger detox.

*Special considerations should be given to a need for support for those with CBS+
CBS C699T, A360A, N212N (cystathionine-beta-synthase): The CBS enzyme basically acts as a gate between homocysteine and the downstream portion of the pathway that generates ammonia in the body. The types of CBS mutations that are identified on this SNP panel cause this "CBS gate" to be left open, this 'open gate' is not a neutral situation. The 'open gate" can allow support that is added for the rest of the methylation pathway to be depleted, including any B12 that is used to address MTR and MTRR mutations. While there are some positive end products that are generated via the downstream portion of the pathway such as glutathione and taurine, there are also negative byproducts such as excess ammonia and sulfites. By virtue of increased CBS activity, these sulfur groups that were complexed as part of the methylation cycle can now be released into the system as sulfites which are toxic to the body and put an additional burden on the SUOX gene product. Assessing Taurine levels with a current UAA is suggested.

*Special considerations should be given to a need for support for those with SHMT+
SHMT C1420T (serine hydroxymethyltransferase): This gene product helps to shift the emphasis of the methylation cycle toward the building blocks needed for new DNA synthesis and way from the processing of homocyteine to methionine. While DNA building blocks are important, mutations which affect the ability to regulate this gene product and interfere with the delicate balance of the methylation cycle may cause accumulations in homocysteine as well as imbalances in other intermediates in the body. Consider supports if iron is showing on UEE and/or SHMT+.

MTHFR A1298C, C677T, 3 (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase):
The MTHFR gene product is at a critical point in the methylation cycle. It helps to pull homocysteine into the cycle, serving to aid in keeping the levels in a normal healthy range. Several mutations in the MTHFR gene have been well characterized as increasing the risk of heart disease, as well as cancer, and may play a role in the level of the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine.
Where MTHFR+ compromises the long route and as mentioned Dr Amy prefers to start with the short cut. Be sure lithium is in balance, be sure taurine is not too high( CBS+), be sure SHMT is not an issue and iron in balance. She then suggests adding higher doses of hydroxy B12 and a drop or two adenosyl B12 (and methyl if COMT --/Taq ++), THEN adding low dose Folinic + and 5MTHFR drops and the MTHFR A1298C Compound to get around the long route.

6: COMPREHENSIVE GUT PROTOCOL

With respect to the gut, as with all aspects of this protocol, there is no “one size fits all” approach. Sometimes it is difficult to know where to start with support, and there is no easy answer that fits all cases. The COMPREHENSIVE GUT PROTOCOL is a compilation of suggestions for overall gut health, taking biochemical testing and Nutrigenomics into account. As always, work closely with your physician. While it is lengthy and extensive, you will find that everyone needs some of the basic tools, while others need more extensive supports. There are many tools suggested, some you may not have even heard of, but periodic biochemical testing (CSA and GI Map tests as needed) will help narrow down the necessary supports. The idea is to stay in control of the non-ideal organisms. During times of heavy detox you may need to rely on more tools and supports.

There are three arms of the gut protocol:
1. Bacterial/Aluminum detox and pH balance
2. Probiotics and overall gastrointestinal environment
3. Specifically targeted bacteria (Strep, Clostridia, Staph, H.pylori, Ecoli etc.)

Dr Amy prefers rotating specific brands of probiotics to be used in her program: Florastor, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Lactobacillus Reuteri ( Digestive Health or Probiotic drops), Suprema Dophilus, Allerdophilus, FloraElite, Nutriclean probiotics, Therelac, Probiotic-5, and Fem Dophilus
For more information on the Dr Amy's Comprehensive Gut Protocol please see Companion Guide pages 65-75 and a list of supports she may consider http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3365

7: BIOCHEMICAL TESTING
Dr. Amy makes comments and suggestions for consideration ONLY on biochemical tests that are run through her Holistic Health office at http://www.holisticheal.com/health-tests
When running biochemical tests thru Dr. Amy please send your completed preferred supplement list, Your genetic results, Client history form, copy of previous relevant tests, and a current picture to the office to be included in your chart: FeelGood@holistichealth.com OR Holistic Health International, LLC 279 Walkers Mills Road Bethel, Maine 04217

Biochemical testing is an ongoing tool that you will use to assess your current progress and to know when and how to proceed. Please refer to the Companion Guide pages 27-53.

Feel Good Biochemistry; http://feelgoodbiochem.com is a free online resource that goes through each biochemical test, and explains how Dr Amy views the results of those tests and details suggestions she would make on a test if she was writing on it for you. This is an amazing resource for you and your own doctor to be able to run tests, and get her viewpoint on the results.

It is suggested to run a UTM/UEE: Urine Toxic metals and Urine essential elements test, a UAA: Urine Amino Acids test, & a HE/HMT:Hair essential elements test when starting the program, during Step 1 and/or adding Short Cut supports.

Please refer to Companion Guide pages 55-58 for a basic understanding and explanation of these test results and the Biochemical Book: https://feelgoodbiochem.com
Graphing the hair, urine and fecal toxic tests is an additional way to monitor your progress. Templates for these can be found in the Basics forum: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... php?t=5988

8: UNDERSTANDING YOUR GENETIC RESULTS- PRIORITY OF MUTATIONS:
Once you have received your nutrigenomics results and have Step one/Short cut/lithium/organ supports in place, Please refer to http://www.knowyourgenetics.com, Companion Guide pgs 60-63, the Genetic Bypass book: http://www.knowyourgenetics.com/media/pdf/Genetic%20Bypass.pdf and the Genetics 101 post in The Basics forum to understand your results: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... php?t=2800

9: STEP 3: REMYELINATION AND NERVE GROWTH
Please refer to the Companion Guide pages 77-78, biochemical testing and the updated supplement list for more information on Step 3.

10: Resources:
Feel Good Biochemistry: http://feelgoodbiochem.com
Feel Good Nucleotides: http://feelgoodnucleotides.com
Feel Good Supplements: http://feelgoodsupps.com

*One of Dr Amy's goals is to share her knowledge, observations and experience so that others might have the tools they need to aid in their own healing process. She has donated several copies of all her resources to the Sharing Circle Lending Library, http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... 7503#37503 or by contacting marcywalsh@comcast.net

Links to presentations- http://vimeo.com/user7483551/videos
[b]Links to articles -
http://www.scribd.com/doc/98433639/Gastrointestinal-Balance-and-Neurotransmitter-Formation
http://www.scribd.com/doc/63440994/How-Bacterial-Imbalances-May-Predispose-to-Seizure-Disorder
http://www.scribd.com/doc/63440767/Methionine-and-Methylation-Chicken-or-the-Egg
http://www.scribd.com/doc/118974801/Aluminum-Toxicity-in-Mitochondrial-Dysfunction-and-ASD
Dosages Post http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... php?t=3402
Tips on Testing Post: http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... php?t=8490
Ideas for giving supplements to those who don't swallow pills Post http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... php?t=6522
Ideas for Collecting Urine post http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB3/ ... php?t=6750

What I ask of all of our members is to put in the time to really understand the program. This will not happen overnight, it is a slow process as you immerse yourself in all of the science. Know that you will be supported, helped and guided by other veteran members of this site to make the learning process smoother and easier.
This is a program that requires that you take charge of your own, or your child's health. We will share the tools and the support you need to get there, but you are going to have to put in the time and the work to get your arms around this program.
You will need to read the books, watch the DVDs, come to conferences and search and read older posts. No one is going to be able to do that for you. Basically you need to do your homework, but we will be right there to support you along the way.
When we say read it, learn it, live it we really mean it on this site, and assume that you will abide by that principle.

Last edited by griffkoom on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
griffkoom

Return to *Welcome from Dr Amy, Basic Guidelines, Where to Start..How to Post